New fund to support homelessness during the emergency
Crisis has established an emergency grants fund to support local groups who are financially affected by additional demands on their resources and who have expanded their provision to meet the current needs of those experiencing homelessness across the UK.
What grants can organisations apply for?
- Awards up to £5k for short-term responses to the coronavirus emergency (projects within three months), following a limited/fast-tracked application process (payments made in advance)
- Awards up to £50k to fund long-term needs and potential expansion or change in service delivery, following a full application process (payments in advance, but potential for staged payments over a specified period).
Who can apply for a grant?
- Local organisations across the UK (ie providing specific services in a set number of locations – not national or sub-regional)
- Registered charities who provide services to those experiencing homelessness
- Funding to be restricted to assistance needed to cope with the impact of coronavirus, and not simply to meet wider funding gaps
- Funding could be to meet additional demand or reduction in staffing or other resources caused by impact of coronavirus.
To find out more click here