The Year of Can Do 2020: Inspiring community kindness in Bristol
Bristol City Council and a range of organisations from the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector have teamed up to make 2020 the Year of Can Do - a year-long programme inspiring community involvement and acts of kindness across the city.
Knowle West Media Centre, Link Age, Up Our Street and Voscur are amongst the organisations involved in shaping the Year of Can Do.
Activities will be organised and promoted through the Can Do Bristol online platform.
The programme will include:
- Can Do Ideas (January 2020) - share your ideas and wishes for action in your community. Is there an event, training course or activity you'd like to see? Could you run an event yourself, or tie a planned activity to the Year of Can Do?
- #WeAreBristol Festival (2-15 March 2020) - this two-week festival highlights the diversity and community spirit of our city. Get involved in the many activities taking place.
- Volunteers' Week (1-7 June 2020) - the chance to celebrate existing volunteers and inspire people to try volunteering.
- Community Open Doors (September 2020) - related to Bristol Open Doors, but offering the chance to visit community venues or projects and find out what they offer.
- Can Do Awards (December 2020) - a celebration of the year's best community actions, and the initiatives that brought people together.
You can already take steps to prepare for the Year of Can Do, and get your community venue or organisation involved:
- Email email@example.com by Monday 6 January 2020 to receive an ideas pack that you can use in your organisation or community venue.
- Already got an event planned for #WeAreBristol Festival? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your activity or training opportunity by Sunday 19 January 2020.
- Sign up to Can Do Bristol to find out more.
Get your thinking caps on and start planning your activities for the Year of Can Do, to celebrate Bristol's vibrant community spirit.