If you have a unique talent or passion for sewing (we would particularly like to hear from women from South Asian backgrounds who are able to understand Hindi or Punjabi) and good group facilitation skills we would love to hear from you. You will always be co-facilitating the group with a staff member and will need to be able to facilitate sessions in a way which are inclusive and empowering
.Volunteers must meet the following criteria:
• Passion, enthusiasm and knowledge for sewing.
. Language skills in Punjabi or Hindi
• Confidence in leading a group with staff present.
• Have good communication skills with a friendly and calm manner.
• Understanding of the causes of homelessness and its impact.
• Ability to work with people who may have offending behaviour, substance use and/or mental health, with sensitivity and respect. We particularly welcome applicants with experience of using and moving on from support services.
• Willingness to attend training to develop you in your volunteer role.
. You will always be co-facilitating the group with a staff.
The Group will run Wednesday 11.30am - 2pm at Easton Community Centre, Kilburn Street, Bristol BS5 6AW.