Volunteers and the Law
This short briefing will contain the basic information required to ensure that you are operating within the law, as well as a chance to share experience with others.
What is this course about?
To improve participants’ knowledge of legal issues and volunteering.
Here are some testimonials from people who have already taken the course:
- 'The pace, approach and content were all just right. Thanks for a very efficient use of two hours (that didn't over-run, as these things sometimes do!).'
- 'As a result of attending the session, I’m now going to proofread and update our manuals and relevant documents and paperwork.'
- 'Because of this course, I’m going to look at our organisation’s language, and also at safeguarding – do we have a section in our policy for volunteers?'
What will you learn?
- Explain legislation in relation to volunteering.
- Highlight who is allowed to volunteer & their rights.
- Identify employment laws in relation to volunteering.
- Describe DBS requirements.
- Use an action plan to implement ideas in organisation.
Who is the course for?
Staff newly working with and co-ordinating volunteers or wanting to update knowledge
What else do you need to know?
Please bring your own lunch.
An understanding of the processes of recruitment and retention within your organisation.
Voscur theme: Leading your organisation
Click here to book your place.
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable.