Introduction to Financial Management
This course will give you an introduction to the basics around financial management for charities (legal requirements, SORP, best practice management reporting). You'll be led by an expert in charity finance and accounting, who can show you the ropes in just half a day.
What is this course about?
• An overview of differing charity legal structures.
• Annual reporting requirements.
• Record keeping - including overview of different fund types and importance of fund/ project tracking. Discuss how this works in practice with computerised packages.
• Group session around what constitutes best practice management account content and review what management might like to see v trustees at board meetings.
What will you learn?
1. The different types of charity structure.
2. Key financial management aspects of the Trustees Annual Report.
3. Fund accounting for charities.
4. What to include in a set of management accounts.
Who is the course for?
• Non finance managers working in the charity sector.
• Those new to charity finance.
• Trustees would also benefit, as a way of ensuring that they understand their financial responsibilities.
Voscur theme: Money matters
Click here to book your place.
Voscur cancellation policy:
If you cancel your place on a training course you will need to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Less than 2 weeks' notice will result in the full cost of the course being invoiced.
Voscur reserves the right to withdraw a course at any time. In these circumstances, participants will be offered a full refund or an alternative course or date, if applicable.