Home / Commissioning, Bristol’s VCS and Voscur
Photo by the International Monetary Fund CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
Many Bristol VCS organisations are interested in commissioning – to influence processes so that commissioned services focus on the most precarious communities; and to be commissioned to deliver services in communities. Voscur works in many ways to support the process and VCS engagement with commissioning.
Latest commissioning news
- Bristol City Council Community Support Services tender is now live. Click here for more information
- Bristol City Council commissioning intentions (April 2016)
- Bristol City Council Cabinet paper, including approved Social Value Policy (March 2016)
- Voscur/VCSE sector response to Bristol City Council consultation on draft Social Value Policy (Dec15)
- Social Value papers: Report from 20/4/15 Inquiry Day and Voscur's supportive statement to Business Change Scrutiny Commission (20/7/15)
- Voscur/Bristol Compact inputs to 20/4/15 Inquiry Day at Bristol City Council: VCS priorities and EU Procurement & Bristol potential
- Delivering social value leads to better services and cost savings for commissioners, shows new report
- Case study of a successful commissioning process in Bristol
- The journey from grants to contracts for Bristol’s BME voluntary groups
- TUPE – see our resources page
- Bristol City Council Guidance on collaborating and procurement and Collaborating and grants
- Bristol City Council - update on the 'Commissioning and the VCS' action plan (2014)
Commissioning opportunities – to influence and to deliver
There may be opportunities for your group/organisation to influence the design of future services and to deliver services that are being commissioned. Bristol’s public sector bodies use online services to promote both the consultation and procurement stage of the commissioning process with potential providers and stakeholders. Use the consultation links below to see current commissioning and other consultations.
Consultation stage links
• Bristol City Council: Ask Bristol Consultation Hub
• NHS England - Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSSG) Area Team
Procurement stage links
- Bristol City Council use an e-system called ProContract. You can register with ProContract, no charge, and get updates on procurement opportunities. To register with ProContract and find out more about contracting with Bristol City Council click here
- All governement, including local authority contracts over £10,000 can be seen at the national contracts finder web site. Click here
- Check web sites of government agencies - 'news', 'get involved' and 'events' to see what procurement is being planned
We recommend that VSC organisations register (and keep their registrations up to date) on e-procurement systems, so that they receive notifications of opportunities.
In addition to those websites, public bodies consult on their plans and publish documents that include their commissioning intentions. See Bristol City Council's commissioning intentions (April 2016)
Is your organisation ready for commissioning? Voscur’s Support Hub produces many useful resources and tools to help organisations influence and engage with commissioning. Click here.
Examples of the latest resources
Are you commissioning ready?
Bristol City Council's glossary of terms for commissioning and procurement.
Collaboration Support Resources
Additional information and resources directly related to Bristol CCG, NHS England and Health and Social Care can be found here.